WHAT IS COACHING?
According to the International Coaching Federation, the following are definitions of coaching:
• Coaching subscribes to common philosophies and common objectives.
• Coaching helps individuals and organizations to develop more rapidly and produce more satisfying results.
• Coaching focuses on the goals the client chooses.
• Coaching is tailored to the individual needs of the client.
• Coaching is interactive.
• Coaching elicits solutions and strategies from the client.
• Coaching provides a fresh perspective.
• Coaching helps clients to build on their natural strengths.
• Coaching is based in the belief that the client is creative and resourceful.
• Coaching is based in the belief that the client is responsible for doing the work to achieve the results he or she wants.
• Coaching looks at how all the parts of a person’s life work together.
• The power of coaching comes from the strength of the bond between coach and client.
“Professional coaching is an ongoing partnership that helps clients produce fulfilling results in their personal and professional lives. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.”